* Keep items that can catch on fire at least three feet away from anything that gets hot, such as space heaters.
* Never smoke in bed.
* Talk to your children regularly about the dangers of fire, matches and lighters and keep them out of reach.
* Turn portable heaters off when you leave the room or go to sleep.
* Talk with all household members about a fire escape plan and practice the plan twice a year.
* Test smoke alarms once a month, if they’re not working, change the batteries.
* If a fire occurs in your home, GET OUT, STAY OUT and CALL for help.
* Install smoke alarms on every level of your home, inside bedrooms and outside sleeping areas.